Bobcat Boring Unit
Boring Unit for sale at Bobcat Central, Inc.. Serving your new and used equipment needs from Fresno, Merced, Stockton, Sacramento, CA, and Sparks, NV.
The boring unit attachment saves the time and expense of tearing up sidewalks, driveways and other paved areas.
It’s an easy way to install underground cables and flexible pipes with little or no damage to existing roads, sidewalks or other existing structures.
The hydraulically powered attachment bores horizontally to accommodate pipe or cable up to 4 in. in diameter. After boring, the attachment works to pull the pipe or cable through the hole.
The boring unit frame allows the drive head to be mounted, from the front of the loader, in three positions: on the center, right or left side. This allows the attachment to be positioned directly next to obstacles, such as buildings, and be placed exactly where boring operation is desired.
- Install electrical, telephone and television cables
- Install irrigation lines and flexible water pipes for sprinkler systems
How It Works
The loader’s auxiliary hydraulics power a motor that drives a screw-type boring bit through the ground as the machine is driven forward. The ground is compacted to create a tunnel under the driveway or sidewalk.
When the bit reaches the other side, a reaming bit is installed. The loader is backed up and the rotating reaming bit further compacts the soil as it pulls the service through the enlarged tunnel.
- Boring Depth: Bores up to 2 feet deep and up to 30 feet horizontally.
- Manual Guide Rod: Starts the bit at the proper angle to ensure accurate drilling. Ideal for working in tight spaces.
- Three Positions: Drive head can be mounted in three positions: on the center, right or left side. Allows the attachment to be positioned directly next to obstacles and placed exactly where boring operation is desired.
- Versatility: Available with various sizes of bits, reamers and rock heads, allowing for maximum versatility and performance in a variety of environments.
|Maximum recommended boring distance||
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Please email our helpful staff with any questions or comments using the contact form.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Your friend will receive an email that contains a reference to this page. Please send this email only to people you know who would be interested in this information.